The continuing drive to reduce vehicle emissions from vehicles is leading to more complex car exhaust systems as well as MOT failures.
In order to keep your vehicle running cleanly and efficiently it is sensible to check your car exhaust for damage or failure at least once a year or every 10,000 miles, whichever comes first.
We have invested in the latest diagnostics equipment, and software to identify fault codes. We can perform any diagnostic checks that you may require, whether you need us to diagnose an annoying warning light or as an annual check to ensure your engine is running at its peak performance.
How will I know my exhaust needs replacing?
- Excessive smoke coming from the exhaust
- The exhaust is louder than normal
- Knocking or rattling when driving
- Visible corrosion, holes or damage
- The exhaust appears to be hanging low or is dragging
These are all signs that your Exhaust may have come to the end of it's life, so if you are experiencing any of these symptoms call in to Arthurs Bridge for us to check on your exhaust.
An important and expensive component within the Exhaust System is the 'Catalytic Converter', a few simple guidelines to maintain it's life include:-
- Regular Servicing
- Avoiding 'Bump' Starting
- Avoid Driving through deep or standing Water
- Taking Car over Speed bumps